Thursday 14 April 2011

Blog award


Thanks to Victoria Dixon for giving me a grasshopper award for excellence in blogging.  I’d like to pass it on to Mirella Patzer for her hard work on the blog History and Women, keeping readers up to date with reviews of historical and women’s fiction, and entertaining with fascinating biographies of well known and not so well known women in history.   
 With these awards, one is supposed to offer seven facts about oneself.  Well, I’m the stereotypical reticent English person, but here’s a few facts I don’t mind sharing:

  • I enjoy visiting different places, but can’t stand travelling.
  • I’m a member of a lay religious order based in the Episcopal church.
  • My all-time favourite movie is It’s a Wonderful Life.
  • Surprisingly, given the above, the student house I shared was dubbed “Castle Anthrax” (don’t ask, please).
  • I love afternoon tea and cake.
  • I have eleven chickens, Buff Orpingtons and Ameraucanas, who give me delicious eggs (for aforementioned cakes) and friendship.
  • My dream is to move back home to a cottage in the English countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment